Compression Snake Bandage
Compression Snake Bandage
The Snake Bite Bandage with Indicators is a Premium Heavyweight Conforming Bandage perfect for use with the Pressure Immobilisation Technique, which is used for the treatment of all Australian Snake and Funnel Webbed Spider bites, Blue Ringed Octopus and Cone Shell stings.
The 10cm x 4.5m complies with all mandatory & compulsory gear requirements for Trail Ultra Events such as Ultra Trail Australia (UTA), Brisbane Trail Ultra 100km & Miler (BTU), Blackall100, Delirious West 200 miler, Down Under 135 miler (DU135) to name a few, but not limited to.
The 10cm x 10.5m bandage weighs 98 grams and is of sufficient length to bandage a large adult leg, the 10cm x 45m weighs 43 grams and suitable for upper limbs and pediatric use.
The unique stitching technology ensures the correct pressure is evenly applied over the entire limb and then Indicators show when the correct level of compression is achieved
The pressure immobilisation technique (PIT) was introduced for the treatment of Australian snake bites and is suitable for other elapid snake bites. It is also recommended for envenomation by a number of other animals. The PIT retards the flow of lymph by which venoms gain access to the circulation. It has also been shown that there may be inactivation of certain venoms and venom components when the injected venom remains trapped in the tissues by the pressure bandage.
Benefits of the Long Snake Bite Bandages with Indicators
- Wider and longer than most crepe or elastic bandages.
- Longer than most Snake Bite Bandages on the Market, ensuring that the bandage is suitable for entire adult leg immobilisation.
- Continuous indicators ensure you have the correct pressure over the entire limb.
- Suitable for the treatment of all Australian Snake and Funnel Webbed Spider bites, Blue Ringed Octopus and Cone Shell sting.
Use of the Pressure Immobilisation Technique According to ARC Guidelines*
The Pressure Immobilisation Technique (PIT) is recommended for application to bites and stings by the following creatures
- All Australian venomous snakes, including sea snakes [Class A; LOE III]
- Funnel Web spider [Class A; LOE IV]
- Blue-ringed octopus [Class B; LOE Expert Consensus Opinion]
- Cone shell [Class B; LOE Expert Consensus Opinion]
TRIED AND TESTED
High quality and durable. I have been testing the prototypes of my products on Cadence (my Ultra Marathon runner Kelpie) for months now, we have covered approximately 2400+km in them and I absolutely love it, (and so does she).
HANDS FREE SYSTEMS
This is the new and improved version it is also the most durable and robust system I have come up with. Run or walk your dog using our innovative bungee dog leash and waist belt.